Friday, December 9, 2016

Christmas is Coming

There are few times when I feel homesick as I have lived here in Japan. Sure, after 16 years a lot of things are home here, but there is one time that I feel it most: Christmas. It is a season for family back in America.
Even then Christmas has not been popular until about 8 years ago when department stores and other businesses started decorating and playing music. Then it has been more noticeable. But it is the music I think.
Christmas music was always part of my family as my parents played holiday music in our home. We sang it at church and even went caroling around our town in the cold -30C of winter. I guess when I hear that music again it reminds me of those times and I am a little homesick.

I hope this holiday season all of our students will have a great time with their families. Merry Christmas!

No comments: